Meet Amy

DSC03785_edited.jpg

Hi,

I'm Amy.

PhD candidate, Université de Sherbrooke

Precision Nutrition Level 1

Personal Training Specialist (University of Guelph)

YogaFit Level 2

CEO of beam fitness

Growing up, I had never pursued any sport or hobby long-term. As a result, I was only average at everything and not a competitive person. It was only when I got into the fitness industry did I find a drive to excel, not to out-compete others, but to be the healthiest and fittest version of myself. 

After solidifying my workout habits, I dove into nutrition. I have the biggest sweet tooth, so to those who know me well, it can seem like a contradiction. But instead of eliminating my favourite sweets, I found a way to balance them alongside a healthy non-restrictive diet. I found eating whole foods in the right proportion 80% of the time was the key to not 'dieting' but to a balanced way of eating. The other 20% of the time is when I let loose and enjoy what I work so hard for! Whether it be a donut, a cocktail or a hamburger. I try to help other people find a similar balance that works for them to avoid crash dieting and instead build a long-term healthy relationship with food. 

I'm a nutritional agnostic, so I don't believe that there's one diet that works for everyone. Instead I work with people to find out what works for them. Each person has a different lifestyle, work and home schedule and goal. Therefore, no two of my nutrition clients are treated the same, nevermind follow the same diet or meal plan.

I'm also a scientist by education, so I believe in experimenting. I've researched and experimented with all different kinds of diets just to know what they're like and to experience the pros and cons. I weigh out those factors when my clients ask about different diets so that I can share unbiased first-hand information with them. But of all the diets I've researched, I can tell you the one that works the best is the one that works for you and your lifestyle. And that's the secret to achieving your goals through nutrition. And that's what I'll help you with. 

Talk soon,

- Amy Wotherspoon

My Vision

My vision is to help you find the best balanced diet that works for you and your lifestyle. We'll work towards mastering this lifestyle by learning how to build healthy habits that you'll continue to use even when motivation fades. Through these healthy habits, a balanced diet (that includes still enjoying your favourite foods!) you'll achieve all the goals you set your mind to!

© 2020 by beam fitness. Proudly created with Wix.com

  • Facebook
  • Instagram